Promoting Humanism in South West Hertfordshire
Buy at Humanism
Interested in joining the BHA?
- Government challenged over treatment of non-religious views in RE lessons June 30, 2016
- Pharmacists must put patient care before religious beliefs June 29, 2016
- Sharia inquiry launched by Home Affairs Committee June 29, 2016
- Reading Council proposes end to faith school travel subsidy June 20, 2016
- Church ‘using academisation to increase religious influence in schools’ June 17, 2016
- Articles (20)
- Government challenged in House of Lords over misleading response to High Court ruling on RE June 30, 2016
- BHA stands up for tolerance, sexual health rights, and free expression at latest UN Human Rights Council session June 28, 2016
- Whatever comes next: our commitment to a fairer, more secular Britain and Europe June 27, 2016
- BHA at the UN Human Rights Council calls on Bangladesh to respect the rights of its freethinking citizens and religious minorities June 22, 2016
- BHA and Arab Humanists join forces at UN to speak out against human rights violations committed against the non-religious in Egypt and Saudi Arabia June 21, 2016
6th June 2016
We usually meet on the second Saturday of each month at 11.00 a.m. at Reason Coffee Shop & Bookstore, 116 The Parade, Watford High Street.
If you click-on the Facebook logo on this page, you will go to the Watford Humanists Facebook site, where you can register to receive regular updates on our monthly meetings, as well as occasional public meetings and social events.
Latest News feed on this page is working if you seek up-to-date information from the BHA.
Email email@example.com with any other queries or enquiries.
31st January 2016
We will discuss the subject of a humanist approach to homelessness at our regular monthly meeting, held at 11.00 a.m. on Saturday 6th February 2016 at Reason Coffee Shop & Bookstore, 116 The Parade, Watford High Street.
Please visit and read http://www.journalgazette.net/news/local/A-humanist-approach-to-homelessness-11120149 before attending the meeting.
12th December 2015
Watford Area Humanists meets on the first Saturday of each month at 11.00 a.m. at Reason Coffee Shop & Book Store, 116 The Parade, Watford High Street, WD17 1BD.
This means that the next regular monthly meeting will be on Saturday 2nd January 2016. Free admission
A special public meeting will be held at the same venue at 7.15 p.m. on Tuesday 12th January 2016, when Mike Lawrence will answer the question “Did Jesus Actually Exist?” £5.00 admission includes tea/coffee.
25th November 2015
There are a number of interesting developments which we will report on at our next Watford Area Humanists meeting at 11.00 a.m. on Saturday 5th December 2015 at Reason Coffee Shop & Book Store, 116 The Parade, Watford High Street, WD17 1BD.
John Dowdle will report back on wreath-laying on Remembrance Sunday.
Mark Torrender will report on arrangements for setting up a new group called Beyond Belief, which will act as a self-help group for those people who wish to leave religion behind in their lives.
Steve Walker will be discussing setting up a group called St Albans Humanist Working Group, which will act as a local think-tank for the development of humanist thinking, philosophy and actions at the local level.
Steve may also organise a Sunday Lunch event in the St Albans area between now and Xmas. Can you let us know if this is of interest to you? It will also provide a useful opportunity to talk over development of the St Albans-based humanist working group.
John Dowdle will also discuss arrangements for holding a series of learning sessions over a 6-week period on Humanism: A Short Course, which we hope will attract existing and new members to participate in developing their understanding of humanism.
It is expected that the weekly learning sessions will start at 7.30 p.m. on Wednesday, 6th January 2016 at Reason Coffee Shop & Book Store (address above). It would be useful for planning purposes if interested participants will let John Dowdle know that they will be participating in the course by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A note for your 2016 diary is a public meeting at 7.15 p.m. at Reason Coffee Shop & Book Store on Tuesday, 12th January 2016, at which Mike Lawrence will talk on the subject of “Did Jesus Actually Exist?” for those wanting to forget the consumer-driven Xmas frenzy.
I hope to see you all on Saturday 5th December when we can lift our coffee cups in tribute to our achievements of 2015.
With best wishes,
John Dowdle FRSA
Watford Area Humanists
25th October 2015
At the November 7th monthly meeting – held on the first Saturday of each month at 11.00 a.m. at Reason Coffee Shop & Bookstore, 116 The Parade, Watford, WD17 1BD – we will discuss the possibility of establishing a self-help group for those seeking like-minded people wanting to recover from religious beliefs and other irrational thinking. We will also hear from recovering religionists and arrange for a course on humanism to be held from January 2016.